CTS is a leading designer and manufacturer of products that Sense, Connect, and Move. We design and manufacture electronic components for OEMs in the aerospace, communications, defense, industrial, information technology, medical, and transportation markets. CTS focuses on providing advanced technology, exceptional customer service and superior value to industry partners throughout the globe.
CTS’ broad portfolio of Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillators [TCXOs] and Voltage Controlled Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillators [VCTCXOs] provide solutions with tight stabilities, superior phase noise and phase jitter performance, frequencies to 1.0GHz and multiple package size options available.
CTS has a wide variety of Crystal (XTAL) products that are available in multiple package types and frequencies. Our Crystal portfolio includes the following:
- Standard Crystals for direct use in electronic applications.
- Turning Fork Crystals are suitable for applications that require a real time clock reference [RTC]; including computer clock timers, FPGAs and micro-controllers, wireless communication, test and measurement, handheld devices, and wearable electronic products.
- Automotive Grade Crystals compliant to AEC-Q200 & TS16949 standards, offer operating temperatures to +150°C.
CTS offers the widest array of Crystal Oscillators in the industry. Whether you need a simple reference clock or are developing a mission critical application, our products are made to handle the most challenging of applications.
Our Clock Oscillator portfolio includes the following:
- Standard Clock Oscillators consist of leadless ceramic packaging, oscillator IC and a high Quartz resonator.
- Low Jitter & High Frequency Clock Oscillators are low cost, high performance designs supporting differential LVPECL, LVDS outputs or sing-end HCMOS output.
- Military Grade Clock Oscillators are designed to function in extreme environmental conditions such as operating temperatures of -55°C ~ 200°C; shock up to 1500G and vibration tolerance up to 20G.
- Automotive clock oscillators deliver CMOS output, 15 pf load drive capability, typical rise and fall time of 5ns and standard Pin 1 output enable/disable function. Frequency stabilities span as low as ± 25ppm over -40°C/+85 ° C range, to ± 100ppm over -55°C/+105 °C for CA Series and ± 100 ppm over -55 ° C / +125 ° C for CHT Series.
CTS’ Timing Modules product lines feature completely integrated high frequency, low phase noise timing solutions for jitter attenuation, frequency translation and clock re-generation. They are designed using a building block approach with user selectable features, such as single or multiple inputs and outputs, loop bandwidth, lock detect and free run modes.
Our timing modules portfolio includes:
- Jitter Attenuators which include a completely integrated clock/PLL timing solution for synchronization, clock and data recovery, and jitter attenuation in network elements.
- Clock Generators incorporate a completely integrated timing solution to generate single or multiple frequencies with the stabilities of an XO, OCXO, VCXO or TCXO.
- Frequency translator product line comprises of a completely integrated clock/PLL timing solution for translating an available frequency source to a required frequency.
CTS offers a variety of encoder options for your application, providing flexibility in design by offering choices in resolution, power consumption, and operation. Multiple shaft and bushing options provide adaptability for your design requirements, making them ideal for navigation and menu selection using digital displays. Our encoder portfolio includes:
- Mechanical Encoders that are available in 2-bit binary, 4-bit Gray, and 4-bit hexadecimal output. Options include detents for positive actuation feel for each position change and a push to actuate momentary switch.
- The Series 291 encoders provide flexibility in resolution, power consumption, and operating temperatures. The options of Schmitt trigger, detents, momentary switch, shaft and bushing length, dual shaft, termination styles, torque, operating voltage, and IP ratings provide flexibility to meet your exact design requirements. Data sheet: 291
Rotary Position Sensors
The core design of CTS’ rotary position sensors allows for packaging in various configurations to fit every application. Utilization of selected ICs and programming allow for output of the required communication protocol. These devices are ideal for applications such as wheel balancing equipment, material handling equipment, medical diagnostic equipment, and a myriad of other applications where precision, reliability, reduced maintenance, and quality are key requirements.
- The Series 285 flange mount non-contacting rotary position sensors have a rotational life of 10 M for extended field deployment; precision linearity of ±5% and ± 0.25% for consistent and precise position sensing; wide operating temperature range of -40° C to +125° C; and an internal magnetic shield to protect against EMI. Data sheet:285S/N