Octavo Systems builds System-in-Package (SiP) solutions that can be used as common building blocks in your electronic design. Our goal is to make electronics easier and more accessible by abstracting away the tedious complexities that go along with designing an electronic system. We focus on creating products based on standardized systems that can be utilized in a wide variety of different applications. Our off-the-shelf complete computing or semi-custom solutions enable you to replace over 120 components and passives with one easy to use BGA in your design. Our SiP products are the easiest way to implement a complete Linux system based on ARM Cortex A technology. Octavo System in Package devices save time, space, money and a lot more.
The OSD335x family of System in Package devices are the perfect solution for any designer looking to quickly integrate the ARM® Cortex®-A8 AM335x Sitara™ from Texas Instruments into their product using the smallest possible footprint. The family includes:
- OSD335x C-SiP, a Complete System in Package, integrating everything you need to build an embedded processing system into a single package. Along with the AM335x SoC, the C-SiP includes DDR3 memory, Power Management System, 4KB of EEPROM, Embedded Multimedia Card (eMMC) non-volatile storage, a MEMS Oscillator, and all the needed passives into a single 27mm BGA package.
- OSD335x-SM, the smallest AM335x module and 60% smaller than the same discrete design. Integrated with the AM335x SoC is the DDR3 memory, Power Management System and all needed passives with 4KB of EEPROM all in a 21mm package.
- OSD335x, the original AM335x SiP with up to 1GB of DDR3 memory, and a power management system in a 27mm, 400 Ball BGA is 40% smaller than a discrete design.
The award winning System in Package for the new STMicroelectronics STM32MP1, the OSD32MP15x delivers a full microprocessor system in a package that is the same size as the stand-alone processor. The SiP integrates the STM32MP15x Dual Core Arm® Cortex® A7 and an Arm® Cortex® M4, up to 1GB DDR3, STPMIC1 Power Management IC, EEPROM, MEMS Oscillator, and passives into single BGA package.
Along with the Dual Core Arm® Cortex® A7 and an Arm® Cortex® M4, the STM32MP15x microprocessor within the SiP, also incorporates a 3D GPU OpenGL ES2.0 Graphics processor, 2 x 22 channels of 16bit ADC and a host of connectivity including a camera interface. For control, the ST32MP15x provides 2x 16-bit PWM, up to 29 timers and 3 watchdogs. For the growing market of internet connected applications, it offers TrustZone®, TDES, AES-256 security features.
With the simplicity in layout, the compatibility with popular STM32, and the software foundation using CubeMX, the OSD32MP15x is the perfect solution for microcontroller developers to move up to Linux OS based microprocessor.
Developing with the Octavo Systems System in Package devices is easy and will save engineering time and cost. All are supported by fully open-source hardware and software reference designs, development platforms and libraries. All of the design resources and software are opensource making them ideal known good starting points for new designs.
- OSD3358-SM-RED platform is the official Reference, Evaluation, and Development board for the OSD335x family of devices from Octavo Systems. A full reference design and development platform, it has many common interfaces and sensors and provides a platform to quickly prototype different applications.
BeagleBoard.org® Single Board Computers featuring the OSD335x are a fast path to prototyping your end product. Three of their low cost, open-source embedded computing boards are excellent examples of how the OSD335x SiP can be used. Get started today on your software development, the open-source software provided by BeagleBoard.org® is a great starting point for your system. Options include PocketBeagle®, BeagleBone® Wireless and BeagleBone® Blue.
- Begin development today for the OSD32MP15x, STM32MP1 System in Package by utilizing the development tools from STMicroelectronics.
The STM32MP157C-DK2 Discovery kit is a low cost way to develop applications with OpenSTLinux Distribution software for the main Cortex® A-7 processors and STM32 CubeMP1 software for the Cortex® M4 microcontroller. In addition to on board sensors, connectors and Ethernet, this board includes an LCD display with touch panel and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy capability.
The STM32MP157C-EV1 Evaluation Board is a full-feature demonstration and development platform. Debug, sensors, Ethernet, CAN, microphone and more on-board features enable software development for a variety of applications. Because the OSD32MP15x System in Package is fully software compatible, your code developed on these tools will be easily transferable to your design using the SiP, speeding your time to market.
For more information visit https://octavosystems.com/